Doctor of Naprapathy is a Scandinavian profession specializing in manual orthopedic medicine. Thorough assessment, individualized treatment, prevention, and self-management are central in this discipline.
Naprapaths use manual orthopedic medicine for the treatment and rehabilitation of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. Naprapathy combines techniques like spinal manipulation/mobilization, massage, and stretching to restore function and decrease pain and disability. These techniques are often supplemented with advice on physical activity, ergonomics, and medical rehabilitation.
Specialized Training and Expertise
- 5 year, Scandinavian university-level training
- Perform advanced biomechanical assessment
- Focus on prevention and self-management
- Combine several different treatment modalities
- Proven effective treatment results
Commitment to High Quality and Thorough Assessment
Patients need to know why they ended up with pain and/or dysfunction. They should expect accurate, detailed explanations about symptoms and education on how to manage and prevent pain. Successful treatment results are maximized by getting to the bottom of the problem, applying a combination of treatment modalities (as opposed to relying on a single method), and patient involvement.
Focus on Prevention and Self-Management
When things go wrong treatment may be needed, but this treatment should only be a short-term solution. Instead, prevention and self-management should be the main focus. This is central to the profession: to provide patients with the tools and knowledge to take care of themselves.
I am licensed as a Registered Massage Therapist in BC and as such my treatments are covered by most insurance plans.
Eva Andersson’s additional specialized training:
- Prof. Vladimir Janda MD.Dr.Sc. – Muscle function diagnosis – Workshop with case studies.
- Prof. -Prof. Karel Lewit MD, Dr. Sc. – Manipulative Therapy
- Dr. Jan Ekstrand MD, PhD – Sports Medicine
- Robert Schleip PhD – Fascia Treatments
- Dr. David De Camilllis – End Rage Loading
- Stecco – Fascial Manipulation
- Certified DNS Practitioner
- DNS – Course A.B.C.D
- DNS special skill course
- Sports II Running
- Spine and Rib-cage mobilization
- Viscero-Somatic patterns
- DNS Yoga