From Sweden and Canada, I have extensive training in so-called Orthopedic Manual Therapy. Thorough assessment, individualized treatment, prevention, and self-management are central in this.
I am trained for the treatment and rehabilitation of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. I combine techniques like spinal manipulation/mobilization, massage, and stretching to restore function and decrease pain and disability. These techniques are often supplemented with advice on physical activity, ergonomics, and medical rehabilitation.
Training and Expertise
- 5 year, Scandinavian post-secondary education/training
- Perform advanced biomechanical assessment
- Focus on prevention and self-management
- Combine several different treatment modalities
- Focus on effective treatment results
Commitment to High Quality and Thorough Assessment
Patients need to know why they ended up with pain and/or dysfunction. They should expect accurate, detailed explanations about symptoms and education on how to manage and prevent pain. Successful treatment results are maximized by getting to the bottom of the problem, applying a combination of treatment modalities (as opposed to relying on a single method), and patient involvement.
Focus on Prevention and Self-Management
When things go wrong treatment may be needed, but this treatment should only be a short-term solution. Instead, prevention and self-management should be the main focus. This is central to my profession: to provide patients with the tools and knowledge to take care of themselves.
As a Registered Massage Therapist my treatments are covered by most insurance plans.
Eva Andersson’s additional training:
- Prof. Vladimir Janda MD.Dr.Sc. – Muscle function diagnosis – Workshop with case studies.
- Prof. -Prof. Karel Lewit MD, Dr. Sc. – Mobilization and Relaxation, Techniques using Muscular Facilitation and Inhibition.
- Dr. Jan Ekstrand MD, PhD – Sports Medicine
- Robert Schleip PhD – Fascia Treatments
- Dr. David De Camilllis – End Rage Loading
- Stecco – Fascial Manipulation
- Completed all courses and exams required for DNS clinicians
- DNS – Course A.B.C.D
- DNS special skill course
- Sports II Running
- Spine and Rib-cage mobilization
- Viscero-Somatic patterns
- DNS Yoga